As a charity, we are able to receive funds from a wide range of organisations. These support our projects and enable us to keep going. We provide audited annual accounts to the Charity Commission.
Company Ltd by Guarantee
This means we have to keep our business in good order, with annual returns to Companies House. “Guarantee” means there are no shares and we are not allowed to make a profit.
Members, and the Annual General Meeting
We want to make sure we are responsive to community needs and views, and involve local people as members, volunteers and trustees. We have two types of members:
- Full members – Parish Councillors and representatives of every community organisation
- Business members – business owners who are members of the Business Association (MBA)
We report to our full members, and the wider community, at our AGM.
I would like to invite you to attend our AGM on Thursday 29 June at 7.00 pm at Green Hill, in the Youth Centre. Refreshments will be available.
This is your opportunity to hear about our work and tell us what else you think we should be doing.
Our membership consists of all community organisations and parish councillors, but anyone who has ideas for us to consider is welcome – whether it is about housing, the environment, tourism, the arts, heritage projects etc.
We will have updates on the new projects we are working on, as well as our continuing work at Green Hill.
We always welcome new trustees / directors, and members of the Green Hill Arts Group!
If you are interested and would like to have a chat about it, please do call me as soon as possible – at least two weeks before the meeting. Thank you.
Moretonhampstead Development Trust
Devon TQ13 8NL
T 01647 440456
M 07730 810668
These are a strong team of volunteers, keen to do the best for the community. We welcome new Trustees at any point in the year. Currently they are:
- William Adams – also member of Finance & Staffing Committee
- Jenny Bates – also Director of NED Care, our subsidiary
- Cameron Caverhill
- Richard Foxwell – responsible for Green Hill lettings and a member of the Finance & Staffing Committee
- Alison Hastie – also Chair of MBA
- Liz Prince – Hon Treasurer & Company Secretary, also committee member of Friends of Moreton Library
- Frank Loft – also Director of NED Care, our subsidiary
- Bob Small – also committee member of MBA
- Alastair Wimberley – also a committee member of Two Valleys Community Energy
- John Willis – Chair, and a member of most of the above committees
For further information about the Trustees, to volunteer to join us, or to raise anything else with the Trust, please contact John Willis (01647 440456) or Liz Prince (01647 440690).
Councillor Penny Simpson represents the Parish Council on the Board of Trustees.
Our Minutes Secretary is Chrissy Kebbell.
The Board meets quarterly. Here are the latest Agenda and Minutes papers, Annual Accounts and our Articles.