Two Valleys Community Energy
Your local Renewable Energy project – and a chance to invest for a good return
The Trust has set up this group (TVCE) in conjunction with Christow Community Land Trust. It is a constituent part of Teign Energy Communities CiC, which is our legally recognised body for contracts.
It aims to increase community resilience in the Teign and Wray Valleys (including parishes of Moretonhampstead, North Bovey, Christow, Dunsford, Bridford, Doddiscombeleigh, and Ashton,) and surrounding rural communities by:
- Reducing carbon emissions through generating electricity from renewable sources.
- Enabling local people to own and participate in community energy projects
- Supporting activities in the community that promote awareness of energy generation, consumption and improved efficiency.
We aim to support wider community initiatives through use of surplus profits. Initially we would be funded from a Community Share issue: a unique opportunity for local people to buy a stake in our own energy generation, with a good rate of return!
We have carried out Feasibility Studies for Hydro-Electric, solar and biomass power schemes but so far we have not been able to find viable options.
Meanwhile, we are still looking for new sites, new opportunities, new members….
Join Us! … if you are interested in ….
- helping with project publicity or social networking
- joining the planning group
- donating to the project
- investing in the project for a commercial return
Contact John Willis via the Contact page or see www.tvce.uk for further information.